Thursday, September 24, 2009

30 Seconds

My office gives free annual flu vaccinations because we work regularly with the elderly, so to avoid any breakouts they just inject us all and call it good. I don't have any problems with the shot, in fact I have never had a reaction of any kind. I was ready today when I got the news our shots were in the house! Without giving any super important (or personal) details, I will do my best to explain why this year's serum had a little something special in the mix ;)

We have a nurse administer this vaccine. Qualified, confident, the kind of health care professional that should be in charge of such things. When it was my turn, I met the nurse in the designated area and was asked to remove my top shirt.
** Description of outfit** I wore a black pencil skirt with emerald green leather heels. On top I had a white cotton blouse underneath a flannel 3/4 button down shirt that was buttoned in the center, then had a thick black belt right at my waist*****

ehem... oh yes, the nurse said I needed to remove the flannel top so she could get to my upper-arm. So, I undid my belt and held it in my hand... unbuttoned my flannel and removed it from one arm, then rolled the sleeve of the white blouse as far up as I could get it. Perfect. While the nurse gets the needle ready, I look up only to see that walking towards me, watching me hold half my wardrobe, was Kyle Korver of the Utah Jazz. Yes ladies, he is just as gorgeous in person. I sat for a second thinking, "huh, too bad he can't see my outfit put together instead of in pieces, because it is quite fetching."... then I thought... "KYLE KORVER SAW ME WITH MY SHIRT OFF!!!"

He passed before I could get re-dressed, but not before I snuck some eye contact. We didn't exchange any words, but we spoke with our eyes. He said to me, "I have never seen a woman as brave and strong during a flu shot in my life" to which I responded, "I'm no ordinary woman" to which he giggled "I can see that!" then we talked about how attracted we were to each other, our personal goals, and how we both love dancing in the rain! Our romance did not last long after I found out his table is taller than I was, and we got into an argument about having more equality in his dining room. The break up was quick... He just looked away. That was the best 30 seconds of my life!

Dedicated to my ex... Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment