Gosh! What an exciting, and intense past couple of weeks. I managed to score highly in my people watching hunt. I saw Samuel L. Jackson in Atlanta, plenty of socks & sandals kind of people, and even though nobody asked for my number, there were plenty of yummy looking dude's I wanted to get phone numbers from... they counted as 1000 points each :)
I love to fly! I think that being trapped in an aircraft for either a few minutes or several hours can be such an enlightening, terrifying, life-altering, or otherwise meaningless experience. That's the fun, you never know! It's like the surprise flavored AirHead candy. I have had my share of amusing flights. Like the one time I sat between two very large, and very sleepy men. One of them pretended not to know how to speak English and kept putting his hand on my thigh when he was 'sleeping'. Or, there was the newlywed couple who were fighting and made me sit between them while they hashed it out. And, one of my personal favorites, the little 3 year-old boy that not only got my name, but asked me out on a date to his preschool where we would learn how to make lego castles and eat crackers. This round of flights, however, proved rather tame... Except the 50 passenger jet ride from Raleigh, NC to Cincinnati, OH. My row buddy was a 30-something year old, single, jeweler named Zeke. He was pretty cute. He was from Chicago, and boy could you tell with his nice jewels and thick accent. This should have been a somewhat enjoyable journey. However, I was not aware that I sat right across from the toilet... like... right there (Zeke had the isle seat THANK HEAVEN!). Right after we had reached an acceptable altitude to 'move about the cabin' a passenger went right for the water closet. When they came out, it was evident they were not coping well with the flight and we had the pleasure of the odor for the next 2-3 hours. Lovely.
While I was in NC, I went belly boarding in the Atlantic Ocean. I haven't seen that ocean since I was 17. It was so much fun! The first day we went to the water, it was still stormy from the recently passed hurricane. It was rainy, and windy, and just down right inappropriate for being in the water. But, who cares? Not my brother and me. He took me out there and we gave it the best shot we had. It was dumb, but awesome!! SOOOOOO AWESOME! We were out there for maybe 15 minutes before my brother started yelling 'RETREAT! RETREAT!!!' using his belly board as a shield against the blowing sand and salt. We went out the next day too, but enjoyed some great weather! My nephew chased the birds, my niece fell asleep in my lap, and my brother and his wife got to look for sea shells together. It was great!!! Then, I got home to Utah and headed down to St George with my sister and we spent 3 days shopping til' we dropped, watching 90210 re-runs, and eating Ben and Jerry's. Speaking of the Ben and Jerry's, we forgot to buy spoons to eat it with so I went through the Wendy's drive-thru and asked for a cup of water for 5 cents and when we picked it up at the second window I asked for 2 spoons :).
School in London fell through, drat! But... I found myself a fabulous apartment in the basement of an old old old old... ehem... ancient house about a block away from my office. My bedroom has a red wall, the kitchen is ginormous, and I even get my own driveway and a new friend next door... Their German Shepard, Brenda. :)
Well, this is the update from my little corner of the world.
Til next week...ish ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment